It is important to understand your skin type because many skincare products are according to skin type. If you purchase the wrong product, you might face difficulty in applying it. There are different skin types and mainly differentiated in three type i.e. oily skin, dry skin and combination skin. All three types have different problems and skin care guidelines. Below are few guidelines for oily, dry and combination skin types:
Oily skin causes many problems like open and visible pores. It also has dull appearance due to excessive oil production. Acne, blemishes, dark spots and white heads are the common problems of the oily skin. If you have oily skin
- You should avoid oily foods. Try to eat healthy fatty like Omega 3 fatty acids.
- You should keep your face clean to prevent excessive oil. Wash your face with cold water.
- Use oil free face wash and cosmetics. Further, use home remedies to prevent excessive oil production.
- People with oily skin often think that they don’t need a moisturizer due excessive skin production. However, oily skin also needs nourishment. You can use gel-based moisturizer, especially in the winter.
- Oily skin also works a magnet for dirt so, proper and regular cleansing is important for the oily skin.
- Further, scrubbing is also important to exfoliate excessive oil and dead skin cells. You can also use homemade scrubs and masks.
- It is also recommended to use oil control primer before makeup. Apply primer after moisturizer. Also, use a good concealer. Finishing spray would also help to make your makeup long-lasting. Go for stick foundation.
People think that only oily skin is problematic. Dry is another type of skin than cause fine texture with dullness and flaky skin, especially around mouth, forehead, and eyes. If you ignore your dry skin, it would be more problematic for you, and gradually wrinkles appear.
- If you have dry skin, then don’t use hot water. Regularly apply moisturizer. Use a soft towel to pat dry your face.
- Buy skin care products for your skin type. Liquid or cream based foundation usually suits dry skin people. Avoid wearing powder.
- Keep a hydrating toner with you and apply it after few hours of your makeup to balance it.
- Drink enough water to keep your skin hydrated and prevent excessive dryness.
- Use scrubs to exfoliate and cleanse your skin once a week.
This skin type combines the good and bad qualities of both dry and oily skin. People with this skin may usually have a large pore size, breakouts on forehead, nose and chin area, shine. Further, people with both oily and dry skin have itching and flaky skin with redness on the cheeks. People may face problems in different weather conditions or due to dominant skin type. Always keep your skin clean to prevent infections. Look for a good moisturizer for you. You may use different moisturizers depending on your skin condition in different weathers.